Tom F. Novacheck, M.D.
Dr. Novacheck is a pediatric orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in treating cerebral palsy and other complex orthopaedic conditions in children and adolescents with an emphasis on hip reconstruction.
Current major positions include:
- Director, James R Gage Center for Gait and Motion Analysis at Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare in St. Paul, MN, USA,
- Chief of Staff at Gillette Children’s,
- Associate Medical Director at Gillette Children’s,
- Adjunct Associate Professor of Orthopaedics at the University of Minnesota,
- Director, Commission on Motion Lab Accreditation (CMLA),
- Director at Large on the American Academy of Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine (AACPDM)
Dr. Novacheck completed his medical degree at the University of Wisconsin-Madison (1985), his orthopaedic residency at Pennsylvania State University (1990), and his pediatric orthopaedic fellowship at Newington Children’s Hospital in Connecticut (1991). He has been in practice at Gillette Children’s since 1991.
Dr. Novacheck’s research has been focused primarily on outcomes studies of management of gait disorders in individuals with cerebral palsy and development of motion analysis testing methods and reporting procedures. Educational activities for residents, fellows, and health care professionals are focused primarily on normal and pathological gait, particularly cerebral palsy. He has been a member of the teaching faculty of the annual international gait analysis course since 1991.